Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Web 2.0 / Wiki



When I watched the posted video, “Web 2.0 ... The Machine is Us/ing Us”, I was really impressed with it since I could tell how wonderful and useful Web 2.0 and technologies are by the video. It really influenced me to focus on introducing technologies into classes more. However, it was not so easy. 

First, I started to read Tim O’Reilly’s article, it was really stressful to understand and catch the pictures. One big reason is I don’t have enough knowledge about systems and understanding specific names to read it smoothly. After coping and read the printed articles carefully, I could feel better a little bit referring to information on wikipedia. On the other hand, creating my wiki was interesting with instruction of the posted video. Especially, creating link was fun from my, the creator, viewpoint. Even from the readers’ viewpoints, I guess it might be very informed page depending on the creators’ considerations. I don’t have English license, though it might be really useful for students to be motivated. For example, we post reading assignment that is including in unknown new words and phrases. Most of the students should stop reading if they hit the new parts. However, if we post link to check the meanings, they can preview and review easily and be motivated. Also, we can put a English video on the page every week. I guess students who study in junior and high schools don’t try to watch English movie by themselves. We can give them the chances to watch them and notice the interesting to learn. Moreover, it’s possible to leave comments for these readings and videos on the page in English, which will lead their communication skills in English on the page.  Most of Japanese students learn mainly grammar without listening and speaking. The English Education has useless.
We can change Education and children motivation by wiki.

Here is for my wiki  FrontPage.You can check other assignments from "EDT5410(Fall 2012)" in Pages&Files.

No comments:

Post a Comment